Thursday 29 March 2018

Review: Like a Boss

Like a Boss Like a Boss by Lili Valente
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Like a Boss was my first time reading Lili Valente and Sylvia Pierce and I’ll certainly be reading more of both authors in the future. They work so well together, and I’m interested in seeing how they work alone – I’m sure the results will be just as wonderful.

I’ll be completely honest, I expected a standard office romance from Like a Boss. Fortunately, my misinterpretation was quickly put right. Sure, this is an office romance, but it also more. It is a brother’s best friend romance, too. It is an insight into the world as it currently is. It also has a lot of other unexpected goodies to be found throughout. Overall, this one offered so much more than the standard office romance I had been expecting to read – I adored it, and I was addicted.

I do feel as though there could have been a bit more depth behind the romance, though. I enjoyed watching the relationship between the two characters grow, I enjoyed watching the scenes that played out, but the warm and fuzzy feelings never quite reached the level I had been hoping for. I enjoyed them, but I would have enjoyed this book even more had the feels been kicked up a further notch.

As a whole, this was a lot of fun. I’ll certainly be keeping an eye on the authors in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment