Friday 25 January 2019

Review: Blood Ties, Love Binds

Blood Ties, Love Binds Blood Ties, Love Binds by Alexa Whitewolf
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Alexa Whitewolf is an author to have caught my attention on multiple occasions, as many of my reader friends seem to enjoy her work. With Blood Ties, Love Binds I made my first foray into the author’s work, and I’m certainly curious about reading more.

To provide complete transparency, I was a wee bit tentative about this one when I first started. I’m rather picky when it comes to romantic suspense, to the point where the number of authors I return to in the genre are rather limited. I enjoy such stories, but few wow me in quite the way I would like. As a reader of a lot of thriller and suspense without the romance, I often feel the romance overrides the suspense element rather than adding an additional layer to the story. At first, I feared such was to be the case here.

However, the more I read, the more I enjoyed this story. It took me a while to enjoy the relationship between the two characters, but I came to appreciate the way things developed, finding myself more than happy with how things played out. There may not have been as much action as I usually like with my romantic suspense books, and some of the things were a bit on the predictable side, but such failed to lessen my enjoyment. Once I was sucked into the story, I was addicted.

Blood Ties, Love Binds is one of those stories that slowly wins you over, slowly sucks you in deeper, until you don’t realise just how hooked you are. It is a story that went from a potential three-star rating as I wasn’t quite won over, to one that was an easy four-star rating.

I can certainly see why so many of my reader friends are Alexa Whitewolf fans, and I’ll be certainly reading more of her work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment