Thursday 10 January 2019

Review: Nothing Personal

Nothing Personal Nothing Personal by Karina Halle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The first Karina Halle book to capture my attention was Smut, and yet I have found myself diving into other Karina Halle books instead. With Nothing Personal, I saw people were comparing it to the romantic comedy that was Smut, so I decided to dive in. I will read Smut – I own it, it’s loaded on my Kindle, I really need to dive in – but first I gave Nothing Personal a read.

As with every Karina Halle book I have picked up, Nothing Personal was insanely addictive. From the very first page I was sucked in, unable to put the book down, and desperate to finish. It hooked me in all the best ways, and I was more than willing to devour the story. Being such a quick read, I did devour it.

I admit, Nothing Personal wasn’t the over the top laughter read I had expected. There were a few moments where I giggled, but I would not call this a romantic comedy. It’s your standard contemporary romance, with a few giggles thrown in. It’s a great read, but the humour wasn’t everything I had hoped for.

Nevertheless, I did love the story. I adored the setting, the characters, the way they played off each other, and the drama throughout. I was pulled in on so many levels and found myself wanting a spin-off story when I was finished so I’d have a reason to return.

I’m hoping Smut is a bit funnier than this one was, but even if it’s not, any Karina Halle book seems to be a winner, with Nothing Personal being another.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment