Tuesday 22 January 2019

Review: Luring a Lady's Love

Luring a Lady's Love Luring a Lady's Love by Tammy Andresen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Luring a Lady’s Love is the fourth book in Tammy Andresen’s Fairfield Fairytales series, but it works as a standalone novel. Despite this, I would recommend reading the prior books in the series first. I read this one without reading the prior books, and whilst the romance arc in this story was complete I did feel a little bit lost when it came to the magical elements of the story.

As a big Tammy Andresen fan, I’ve been curious about this series for some time. Mixing fairy tales and regency together intrigued me, and I was curious to see how it came together. In truth, the fairy tale element was not quite as strong as I’d thought it would be. It was different and intriguing, yet I’d anticipated a wee bit more. It was more of a nod towards a fairy tale rather than the retelling I’d expected, but it was enjoyable enough.

Like every Tammy Andresen story, this was short and sweet. Things developed a bit quicker than I would have liked, but there was plenty to enjoy throughout. As I said at the start of my review, however, I think I would have enjoyed this one more if I’d read the prior books in the series.

I’ll certainly be amending that now, though, as I’m even more curious about this series now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment