Thursday 24 January 2019

Review: Confess

Confess Confess by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After enjoying It Ends with Us, I decided to give another Colleen Hoover book a read. Although Confess didn’t scream out to me in the same way as some Colleen Hoover books, it was the one I could borrow from the library. Thus, I found myself diving into Confess.

It turns out, I enjoyed it a lot more than I’d anticipated. I was sucked into the story and quickly found myself addicted. Sure, I easily worked out how certain elements would play out. Sure, I felt as though things came together too easily in the end. However, as a whole, I was addicted and could not put the book down.

In fact, I found myself devouring Confess in a single sitting.

Confess is one of those stories that sucks you in deep, leaves you desperate to see how each element comes together. Even when you have things figured out, you’re curious for the specific details. It’s a book that leaves you desperate to see each little thing, and that is what leaves you so invested. You want more, you want to know everything, and before you know what’s happened you’ve powered your way through the book.

I may not have enjoyed Confess quite as much as I enjoyed It Ends with Us, but it guaranteed I’d pick up more Colleen Hoover.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment