Thursday 17 January 2019

Review: Hold Me Today

Hold Me Today Hold Me Today by Maria Luis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Fans of Maria Luis have been waiting for Hold Me Today for quite some time, yet you do not need to be a long-term fan to enjoy this one. Sure, there are elements that link in with other books, clear connections and cameos, but you do not need to be aware of these things to enjoy the first book in the Put A Ring On It series. It more than stands up alone, making it a great read for anyone interested in giving Maria Luis a try.

For the first couple of chapters, I was a wee bit hesitant about this one. It was interesting, but I wasn’t completely sucked into the relationship between the two characters. It was their individual stories that held my interest more, and my interest in the way the two came together was not what it could have been. However, it wasn’t long before this changed. I went from knowing the two would get together, to shipping them. Shipping them hard, at that.

I loved them both as individuals, but when the details really started to flow, that’s when I fell in love with them as a couple. They go together so well, and I loved watching the way they helped each other grow. We get to watch their individual stories develop in wonderful ways, at the same time their story comes together in a gripping manner. If, like me, you weren’t quite sucked in at first, believe me when I say it is more than worth continuing. Things grow stronger and stronger, the book gripping you harder with each additional page.

With great characters, a wonderful storyline, and doses of humour throughout, Hold Me Today will leave you eager for the next Put A Ring On It book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment