Friday 18 January 2019

Review: Shattered Reflections

Shattered Reflections Shattered Reflections by Reily Garrett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Shattered Reflections is the fifth book in Reily Garrett’s McAllister Justice series, and it’s another brilliant addition to the series. Those who have read the prior books in the series will adore this instalment, yet new readers can easily enjoy it as a standalone novel. As ever, I recommend reading the series in order, for that little bit more you receive from watching things grow throughout the books, but it can be enjoyed just as easily as a standalone novel.

As with the prior books in the series, however, I wish to make a quick note before I go into any detail regarding the book. I’m fortunate enough to beta read for Reily Garrett, lucky enough to get an insight in how these books develop. However, this does not influence my rating in any way. The beta reading process is a lot of fun, but I keep my ratings of the final book separate from the beta reading process. Yes, I gave this a five-star rating, but it is a result of this being a wonderful story and not the result of my beta reader role.

You see, Shattered Reflections is another winner from Reily Garrett. It’s another battle in the race for my favourite Reily Garrett book, and a part of me believes this has won the award. It is hard to say, though, as I have adored all of Reily Garrett’s books, and this is not the first Reily Garrett book to pull a five-star rating from me. In fact, if anything, this one had the potential to disappoint me and it didn’t.

How could it have disappointed me? It was telling the story of my favourite brother, and I had extremely high hopes for his story after the things we got to see in book four. Carbon Replacements had me expecting extremely big things from Shattered Reflections, and a part of me feared I had set my standards to high. Despite how high they were, this book more than delivered.

It has everything I love so much about Reily Garrett’s work, leaving me to drown in the story that consumed me. Reily Garrett has a way with words, a way that sucks you in deep. From the start, this book demonstrates the master wordsmith within. It’s not just a case of putting words together in a wonderful way, as such would be nothing without a gripping storyline to keep you hooked. We also have that, a storyline with numerous elements guaranteed to keep you turning the pages. You become invested in so much, there are so many elements you want to find out more about, and such will leave you turning the pages. Add in great characters, amazing character development, and insanely hot chemistry, and you find yourself sucked in by yet another fabulous element.

There is no doubt about it, this book has it all. It’s exactly what a romantic suspense should be – the romance sucks you in, and the suspense leaves you unable to put the book down. It is more than worth the read – in fact, it is a book that really needs to be read.

As ever, I cannot wait for more Reily Garrett books in my future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment