Tuesday 7 August 2018

Review: 22 Dead Little Bodies

22 Dead Little Bodies 22 Dead Little Bodies by Stuart MacBride
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

22 Dead Little Bodies is a nice little short story that fits in between book eight, Close to the Bone, and book nine, The Missing and the Dead, of the Stuart MacBride’s Logan McRae series. I’m not usually a fan of short stories but having enjoyed the other short stories Stuart MacBride had offered in this series, I was more than willing to give 22 Dead Little Bodies a read.

If I’m being completely honest, I wasn’t crazy about 22 Dead Little Bodies. It was an enjoyable quick read, but it did not pack the same punch as the other Logan McRae stories (both the shorts and the full-length novels). It was enjoyable, but it’s my least favourite of the Logan McRae stories (again, of both the shorts and the full-length novels).

As always, Stuart MacBride offers us a story with plenty of layers, mixing things together to give us a story that leaves us turning the pages. Rather than having the officers deal with just one big case, Stuart MacBride is more realistic in that the officers are dealing with multiple issues at once. It certainly makes for an enjoyable read, as you wait to see how everything comes together. With this one, things were fun but rather simplistic compared to the Stuart MacBride norm. Add in the fact the humour wasn’t to the usual standard, and I wasn’t as won over by 22 Dead Little Bodies as I’d hoped to be.

Overall, 22 Dead Little Bodies is a nice little extra for fans of the Logan McRae series, but it is far from being my favourite story in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment