Friday 10 August 2018

Review: Forbidden

Forbidden Forbidden by Victoria Johns
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The first three books in the Soul Mate series by Victoria Johns – Survivor, Deserved, and Alive – were books I found myself addicted to, stories I really enjoyed. As much fun as I had with the first three, I believe my most anticipated of the books was the fourth book. In the prior books, I fell in love with our male lead of Forbidden, and I could not wait to see how his story played out.

Like the three prior books, Forbidden was an addictive read. Once I started this one, I found it was extremely difficult to put down. I was sucked into the story, desperate to see how everything came together. I loved watching the way the relationship built between the two characters, I had so much fun with the brewing chemistry, and the drama of events kept me hooked throughout. There is no doubt in my mind that this was a great conclusion to the series, giving us a great end with a character I’d come to love.

Whilst it was a great end to the series, if I’m being completely honest this was my least favourite book in the series. In fact, the three prior books were strong four-star ratings whereas this one wasn’t quite a full four-star rating. As you can see, I was perfectly happy to round the rating up, but it didn’t quite blow my mind to the same degree as the prior books in the series.

I think what prevented me from loving this one as much as I enjoyed the prior books is that we’ve fallen into a bit of a pattern with this series. Things that played out towards the end of this one felt like a repeat of things that went down in the prior books. I know we were meant to draw parallels with one of the prior books in the series, but I couldn’t help but think certain seems appeared throughout all the books. I was just hoping for a bit more, for something slightly different – something I did not see coming instead of something I saw coming from the start.

Nevertheless, I did have fun with Forbidden. It was a great end to the Soul Mate series, and there is no doubt I will continue to read the books Victoria Johns releases.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment