Monday 27 August 2018

Review: Mine to Possess

Mine to Possess Mine to Possess by Nalini Singh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mine to Possess is the fourth book in Nalini Singh’s Psy-Changeling series, and it is safe to say the series seems to have really found its stride. It’s a series I’ve been interested in for a while, yet I held off on taking the leap – and upon starting I was a bit unsure.

The first book, Slave to Sensation, was fun but did not give all I had expected. It was a rounded up three-point-five-star rating – enough to leave me wanting more, but not enough to leave me obsessed. The second book, Visions of Heat, failed to amaze me in the way I had hoped. It was a three-star rating – in fact, it had me questioning whether I wished to continue. The third book, Caressed by Ice, amazed me. It was a solid four-star rating – my favourite of the series thus far and has set the standard high for the future books. With the fourth book, Mine to Possess, I knew I wouldn’t receive a repeat of the third book (and if I did I would be shocked), but I was hoping the series would offer another powerful read.

As I’d hoped, Mine to Possess was another powerful read – it may not have been as powerful as Caressed by Ice, but it did grip me from the first page until the very last. It kept the high standard of the third book, giving us another powerful romance and progressing the series forward in many ways.

In fact, I’m super intrigued to see where the series is going to head from here. I feel as though plenty of things have been revealed, and yet I’m clueless as to how certain elements will play out. There are plenty of things I wish to see, and I’m more than willing to dive into the rest of the series to find out what comes next.

I’m especially interested in grabbing book five, as the introduction to the female lead that we received in Mine to Possess has left me super curious as to how her storyline will play out. My fingers are crossed her story will lead to big things, things that will ripple throughout the series.

Without a doubt, I’m going to be continuing the Psy-Changeling series. I’d dive straight into book five, yet the library wishes to make my life hard through the lack of book five on the shelves. Soon, though, I will get my hands on it – and when I do, I’m sure I’ll power through it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment