Monday 27 August 2018

Review: Dragon Tears

Dragon Tears Dragon Tears by Dean Koontz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Dean Koontz is one of my favourite authors – if for no other reason than he was one of the first authors I felt an insane need to go and purchase numerous books of, after just my first book. Like any of my favourite authors, though, I have ups and downs with his books. Some I really enjoyed, others I do not care much for. With Dragon Tears, we have a case of the latter – this book was enough to keep me interest in how things would come together, but it is far from my favourite Dean Koontz read.

Personally, for me, I feel as though nothing much happened with Dragon Tears. We had a story with a lot of potential – cops fighting off the supernatural whilst on a countdown – yet it never quite packed the punch it should have. There was a lot going on, plenty of interesting elements to unfold, but it was never all it could have been. I wanted something more – the action, the one-liners, and the quirky characters I have loved so much in other Dean Koontz novels.

If I’m being brutally honest, there are times when I think Dean Koontz churns out a new book because he is on a contract – and when this happened, the book is never quite to the level it could be. Dragon Tears feels like one of those books, one of those books where he didn’t quite give his all.

I’m sure there will be many people who enjoy this one, but as a Koontz fan I found this one to be somewhat lacking. Enjoyable, but I wanted much more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment