Saturday 25 August 2018

Review: Caressed By Ice

Caressed By Ice Caressed By Ice by Nalini Singh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nalini Singh’s Psy-Changeling series spent a long time in the realm of ‘interested, but I have other things I wish to read instead’. However, with the popularity surrounding the series it is no surprise to find out I jumped on the bandwagon in the end – I allowed my interest to be won over by peer pressure.

With the first book in the series, Slave to Sensation, we had a book that I gave a rounded up four-star rating. It was interesting, but it wasn’t quite everything I had hoped it would be. Nevertheless, I was plenty happy to dive into book two – eager, in fact. With book two, Visions of Heat, we had a book I wasn’t crazy about. In fact, it was a three-star rating and I delayed in picking up the third book. A part of me feared it was simply Second Book Syndrome, yet another part of me feared book one was the anomaly. Although there was a slight delay, I did pick up the third book – and I’m happy to say Caressed by Ice was a solid four-star rating. It is easily my favourite book in the series thus far.

With Caressed by Ice, the things I did enjoy about the prior books were taken even further, ensuring I had a lot of fun with the story. The characters were great; the romance was addictive; the storyline had plenty to keep me entertained; the world developed so much. I was sucked in from the start and finished this one in no time at all.

I think what won me over the most was our leading characters, and the way this opened up the world so much. I’d always been interested in the characters of this story and watching the romance brew between them was a lot of fun. The way things developed really helped the world develop, too, and I loved this – we got to see much more of the wolves, and we got to find out more about the Psy.

After book two, I was a bit tentative about continuing this series. I was interested enough to continue, but I wasn’t crazy. Caressed by Ice has certainly pushed me into the realm of needing more, and needing it now, ensuring I’ll be diving into the future books with haste.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment