Friday 24 August 2018

Review: Bloodstream

Bloodstream Bloodstream by Tess Gerritsen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m quite the Tess Gerritsen fan, and will gladly pick up one of her books whenever I see one. Although I favour her Rizzoli and Isles books, I am more than happy to read her earlier work as well. Her earlier work falls more into the romantic suspense genre, but there are also a few medical thrillers to be found. With Bloodstream, we have more of a medical thriller than anything else.

Although I enjoyed Bloodstream, I found it was not quite to the level of some of Tess Gerritsen’s other work. It had me turning the pages, but it was lacking in the little something extra that has my heart pumping with each new sentence I read.

I think it’s because of the prologue. The prologue has me expecting huge things, things that would have my heart threatening to escape my chest, but once the story got going it was more relaxed than I’d anticipated. There was the curiosity of how everything came together, but the sense of impending doom present in the prologue seemed to have become muffled.

In truth, my rating is more of a three-point-five-star read. I was interested, I was happy to read, but I was not blown away. In comparison to other reads by the author, this one wasn’t quite all it could have been. It’s certainly worth it if you’re a fan of Gerritsen, though – I simply wouldn’t recommend it as a starting point.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment