Tuesday 25 February 2020

Review: Avocado Bliss

Avocado Bliss Avocado Bliss by Candace Robinson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Avocado Bliss is the second book written by Candace Robinson and Gerardo Delgadillo, and it’s left me with one firm belief. The duo are trying to take my millennial card away. First there was Bacon Pie. Bacon, a food I am indifferent to. Now there is Avocado Bliss. Avocado, a food I hate. I know I’m in the minority with that view, and I accept that.

Despite my dislike of avocados, I really enjoyed Avocado Bliss. In fact, it’s the only avocado related thing I can claim to like. Sure, there were plenty of avocados mentioned throughout. However, I was more than capable of dealing with it as there was more to the book than the food.

Avocado Bliss is a story of the trials and tribulations of the teenage years. Things are not easy, but this book makes it enjoyable. It puts lightness into the dark, adding levity when the world could weigh you down. I confess, I was not pulled into this story right away. Once it got going, however, I could not put it down. It was the best kind of addictive, and I finished it in no time at all.

If you’re looking for an addictive young adult contemporary, Avocado Bliss is more than worth grabbing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment