Thursday 27 February 2020

Review: We Are Us

We Are Us We Are Us by Tara Leigh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m a huge Tara Leigh fan and am always desperate to dive into her latest release. With We Are Us we have another book I devoured in a single sitting. I will be honest and say this is not my favourite book from the author, but it’s still a fabulous read.

Although We Are Us is labelled a romance, I’ll be honest and say that was my least favourite part of the story. I never fell in love with the relationship between our main characters, and I think this is because of how little our leading male was in the book. He was in the background more than he was dropping swoony worthy lines, and this resulted in the romance element never being as powerful as other relationships the author has wrote.

As a story of real life, of the way life can take unexpected turns and how people can overcome horrors, this is a fabulous read. It was real and raw, and I was hooked with every detail that emerged. Sure, I worked out the twist that came at the end quite early in the book, but it did not take away from the story. There was so much emotion packed into this one, and I felt it all as I watched our female lead grow and change throughout.

If you want a real and raw read, if you want a book that will make you stop and think, We Are Us is a book you will want to devour.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment