Monday 3 February 2020

Review: A Heart So Fierce and Broken

A Heart So Fierce and Broken A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I absolutely adored Brigid Kemmerer’s A Curse So Dark and Lonely, and was happy to dive into A Heart So Fierce and Broken the moment I got my hands on it. As I had hoped, as soon as I started I could not stop. I devoured this book in a single sitting, and my only regret is that I now need to wait to see what comes next.

A Heart So Fierce and Broken throws readers back into the world introduced in the first Cursebreakers book. We get to see a lot more of it in this one, and I loved getting to see how things grew. I confess, things felt a wee bit slow at the start, but once things got moving it was gripping.

I had a lot of expectations about where the story would take us, and was surprised by some of the things introduced. There were some aspects that were expected, falling into the typical young adult fantasy traps, but there were lots of things to keep me on my toes. Combine that with the end, and I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book.

If you enjoyed A Curse So Dark and Lonely, you need to give A Heart So Fierce and Broken a read. It’s a wonderful sequel, and I cannot wait to see what comes next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment