Wednesday 12 February 2020

Review: His Last Ride

His Last Ride His Last Ride by Marcie Shumway
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

His Last Ride is the twelfth book in the 425 Madison series, and as with all the books in the series this one works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. As with all the books in the series, it’s a quick and addictive read you’ll happily power through.

With His Last Ride, I found myself completing the story in a single sitting. I adored the characters and the story and could not put it down. In fact, this one almost got a four-star rating from me. It’s a three-point-five-star rating where my feelings flickered somewhat. You see, I wanted to give it a four-star rating, but I feel like we never got to see the development of the romance. We went right from knowing about the past to jumping into the relationship, and the development of feelings is my favourite part of any romance.

It was certainly an addictive read and I’m curious about other Marcie Shumway books – there were references to one of the author’s series that has me super curious – but it wasn’t quite enough for me to round my rating up. Still worth the read, though, especially with how I’m super picky.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment