Monday 17 February 2020

Review: The Blood Gospel

The Blood Gospel The Blood Gospel by James Rollins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Although I enjoyed The Blood Gospel, I’m going to be honest and say it’s not quite a full four-star rating. It was close enough for me to round up – after all, I was addicted throughout and happily devoured it – but it didn’t quite wow me in the way I had hoped.

As much as I love a good paranormal novel that intertwines with history, I found this one dragged a little bit at some points. I wanted to see how everything came together, but certain parts felt a bit slower than I would have liked. Then there were other parts – such as the romance – that felt a bit forced. It certainly held my attention throughout, but it didn’t quite grip me as tight as I had hoped.

I’ll certainly be reading the second Order of the Sanguines book, but I had been hoping for a wee bit more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment