Monday 24 February 2020

Review: Everybody Lies

Everybody Lies Everybody Lies by B.M. Hardin
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Everybody Lies had the potential of being a great thriller, but for me it was more of a soap opera. Everyone had drama going on in their lives, and I feel we were too caught up in the drama to focus on the mystery side of the story.

In some ways, I fear this is one of the cases where I wasn’t the right reader for the book. I wanted a thriller, not the drama of all the characters. Some people enjoy masses of drama, but I just wanted to see the mystery come together. There were some interesting elements in how that aspect played out, but it was not enough to win me over.

Add in the fact that the constant tense changing got on my nerves, and this one wasn’t all I had hoped it would be.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment