Monday 3 February 2020

Review: Taste of Darkness

Taste of Darkness Taste of Darkness by Maria V. Snyder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Taste of Darkness is the third and final book in Maria V. Snyder’s Healer series, and it’s a great end to the series. There was plenty packed into this book, ensuring I was hooked from the first to the last page.

With Taste of Darkness, everything that has been building throughout the prior books comes together. So much happens throughout this one, constantly keeping you turning the pages. I confess, some things were predictable and I saw them coming well in advance, but not everything. There were a few nice surprises, and this certainly kept me on my toes.

I did expect a bit more from the ending, though. It felt very sudden, and I would have liked to have received a bit more about what happened after. As it was, I feel it left things somewhat open, and I’d like a bonus story or spin-off just to give me the chance to close things in my mind. Despite this, I still had a lot of fun with the book.

If you’ve enjoyed the two prior books, this is well worth the read to see how things conclude.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment