Tuesday 11 February 2020

Review: Love on Main

Love on Main Love on Main by Patty Blount
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have a complicated relationship with short stories. I either love them or I’m indifferent to them. Despite my mixed feelings, I’m constantly trying to read more. I very much believe it’s about finding the right ones, and I’m always on the lookout for more I’ll enjoy.

With Love on Main, we have ten short stories I enjoyed. I admit to enjoying some more than others, but all had me happy to power through the story. With young adult and adult love to be found, there’s a variety of stories to be experienced within this collection.

Intertextual Relations was a sweet young adult romance. Even though I worked out where things were going with this one, I really enjoyed watching the way things developed. It was super sweet and made a great start to the book.

Chasing the Story was a fun introduction to what promises to be an interesting young adult series. The romance was super sweet, and the lingering elements have left me with high hopes of what the series will offer.

Culture Clash on Main was a young adult story with a powerful message. It gave a great story and sent a wonderful message with ease, sucking you in and leaving you invested in all that played out.

The Storm of the Decade was an adult story that took a favourite trope and made it into a quick and powerful story. I fell for the characters and had so much fun finding out all the details.

Silver for Gold was a young adult story that packed a serious punch. I adored the main characters with this one and loved all the elements that were handled, there was so much included in this one and it hit all the right spots.

Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers was a young adult story that was more adult in nature. It handled several topics throughout, and I was surprised by how invested in the characters I became even though it did not have the same intense feelings between the characters as some of the other stories.

The Valentine’s Eve Not-a-Date Photo Scavenger Hunt was an adorable adult story. I enjoyed the not-a-date events and found myself smiling at the way certain elements played out.

Sunflowers and Lavender was another sweet young adult romance. I fell quickly for this one and could not get enough of our leading characters – once I started, it hooked me completely.

Jane & Austen’s was an adult story that packed a punch. There was more to it than I’d initially anticipated, and I loved seeing how things developed between our characters.

Love-Locked on the Roberto Clemente Bridge was an adult story that had a story within it. I was hooked on both the romance between our main characters and the side story that we got to see developing. It made for the perfect ending to the book.

All in all, Love on Main is well worth the read if you’re looking for a collection of wonderful romance stories.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment