Sunday 4 March 2018

Review: The Demon in the Wood

The Demon in the Wood The Demon in the Wood by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Darkling, a favourite of fans, and yet I was never completely won over by him. Sure, he had the dark and broody bad guy thing going on, but it never really stood out from any other bad guy. Nevertheless, I was intrigued by the promise of a look into his past.

The Demon in the Wood is a quick read for fans of the series, for those who wish to add a little something more to the character. It is not a necessity to understand the world and characters, but it does give us a little insight into why certain characters acted the way they did.

It was a fun quick read, it was something different to the rest of the series, and I certainly enjoyed it. However, it wasn’t quite enough to win me over to the fan club. The Darkling grew in my mind through this story, but he did not become fangirl worthy in my mind.

Enjoyable, but a part of me had hoped for a wee bit more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment