Tuesday 18 September 2018

Review: Beautiful Devil: The Rockstar

Beautiful Devil: The Rockstar Beautiful Devil: The Rockstar by Sharlyn G. Branson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love a good rock star romance, in fact they’re my biggest weakness. Thus, I was more than willing to dive into Sharlyn G. Branson’s Beautiful Devil, the first book in The Rockstar duet. It sounded like the kind of read I would adore, the perfect read for a fan of rock star romances.

Sadly, for me, this wasn’t what I was hoping for. It didn’t really have the rock star feel to it, the things I love so much about rock star romances. I enjoy it when authors take a trope and alter it, giving us something completely different to the norm, yet this felt like any old romance rather than specifically being a rock star romance. In many ways, I think this is why I was so disappointed. If my mind had not been filled with rock star possibilities, I probably would have enjoyed this a wee bit more than I did.

As it stands, this was a rounded-up rating. A part of me considered handing over a two-star rating to this book – it was overly sweet for my liking, things happened too quickly, and I never really came to connect with the characters – but the fact the ending left me willing to dive into the second book to see how everything comes together had me rounding up.

I’m sure there are many out there who will really enjoy this – in fact, I’m clearly in the minority based upon the other reviews – but, personally, it was not for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment