Monday 17 September 2018

Review: The Prey

The Prey The Prey by Andrew Fukuda
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wasn’t crazy about The Hunt, but as I brought the entire trilogy whilst on offer I decided to dive into The Prey with crossed fingers. My big issue with The Hunt was that it never quite reached the full potential, with things constantly remaining just out of reach, and I was hoping the continuation of the story would finally push us towards the good stuff.

If I’m being completely honest, I had a bit of a debate as to whether I would round this rating up or down. As it was a stronger read than the first book, I decided to round it up. It wasn’t the mind blowing second book it could have been, but it certainly packed more of a punch than the first book.

With The Prey, the world really started to open up. We were introduced to a number of new elements, we got to see beyond the small snippet of the world we were given, and it was this insight into something bigger than had me rounding my rating up. A lot of what came to light was predictable, there were moments where I wanted to shake the main characters for remaining oblivious to what was before them, but as a whole I enjoyed watching the way things developed in this second book.

It does, however, leave you eager to see how things come together in the final book. There is plenty of action towards the end of the book, with there being countless questions you need answers to. Although I would not label The Hunt as one of my favourite series, it certainly leaves you curious to see how things come together.

If nothing else, The Prey leaves you questioning how The Trap will bring everything together.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment