Wednesday 26 September 2018

Review: Season of Wonder

Season of Wonder Season of Wonder by RaeAnne Thayne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Season of Wonder is the ninth book in RaeAnne Thayne’s Haven Point series, and it’s another wonderful addition to the series. Although it is book nine in the series, it’s a book you can easily enjoy as a standalone novel. I have not read all the Haven Point books, yet I never find myself lost. Sure, you appreciate some side characters, some couples, better if you have read the prior books, but this does not take away from the story being given within Season of Wonder.

You should also note, despite the festive theme – the title, the cover, the time of year in which the story takes place – this book is one that can be enjoyed at any point in the year. The story occurs with a festive backdrop, a backdrop that adds to the effect of the story but does not take away from the tale being told. Therefore, do not feel as though this is a festive only book, as the storyline is enjoyable no matter what point in the year you read it.

Although I would not label Season of Wonder my favourite book in the Haven Point series, it did have all I had hoped for from the series, all the things I have come to enjoy. The series is super sweet, offering up a clean romance story that has a deeper tale to tell. With a bit of drama, a tiny bit of mystery (one that is obvious, but still enjoyable), and plenty of feel-good moment, this one sucks you in deep and leaves you turning the pages at a rapid pace.

Without a doubt, you’ll be wearing a stupid smile on your face as the romance develops between the two characters, and by the end you’ll be desperate for more of the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment