Tuesday 25 September 2018

Review: Rogue

Rogue Rogue by Julia Sykes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Rogue is the third book in the Impossible series by Julia Sykes, and it’s yet another wonderful read. In fact, had I not already been addicted to this series Rogue would have guaranteed I was.

Before starting Rogue I was a wee bit disappointed, if I’m honest. In Savior I came to really enjoy a certain character and had hoped his story would be next. When I found out Rogue followed a different character the disappointment kicked in. Sure, I was interested in this story, but I was desperate to find out more about a certain male I’d fallen in love with.

As soon as I started Rogue, I quickly forgot about the story I had been hoping for. Rogue gripped me from the start, and I was addicted throughout. As with all the Julia Sykes books I have read, Rogue was an incredibly hot read. I fell in love with the chemistry between the characters and loved every moment of their interaction. I loved watching as they developed throughout the story, loved watching the way things changed between them, and could not get enough.

The only thing I expected a bit more of was the overarching storyline. Rogue works perfectly fine as a standalone, but in relation to the Impossible series I do not feel as though this one added as much as it could of. In many ways, I feel as though this opened up things, introduced us to things that will come back to us in the later books, without really moving us forward that much. The romantic suspense element was fun, but I had hoped the main storyline would have moved forward a bit more than it did.

Overall, Rogue was another great read in the Impossible series. I’m now more desperate than ever to dive into Knight.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment