Monday 24 September 2018

Review: Southern Charmer

Southern Charmer Southern Charmer by Jessica Peterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’ve been hooked since my first Jessica Peterson read, and by this point will gladly read anything she releases. In fact, she’s one of those authors where I find myself obsessing over each upcoming release. It started with my addiction to the Study Abroad series, then we had my obsession with the Flings With Kings series, and now I feel a repeat experience occurring with the Charleston Heat series.

As excited as I was for Southern Charmer, a part of me was a bit disappointed before diving in. Sure, the book sounded amazing. It sounded like another wonderful Jessica Peterson read, one I was sure to adore, yet a part of me was disappointed that we were not being given the final Flings With Kings book first. As soon as I started reading Southern Charmer, though, I quickly forgot about those feelings. I’ll still be diving into the final Flings With Kings book when it is released, but the Charleston Heat series promises to be a new obsession for me.

From the start, this one pulls you in through the usual wonderful combination offered by Jessica Peterson. We’re sucked straight into the lives of our main characters, introduced to a number of elements, and these things have us turning the pages to see how things develop. Add in the fact you quickly fall in love with the characters and you’ll find yourself finishing this book in a single sitting. If that is not enough, Jessica Peterson always offers plenty more to keep you hooked. There is always a deeper element to the story, often related to a sense of self. Not in a preachy way, simply in a feel-good open-your-eyes-and-see-the-sun you’re-worth-it way. There is humour to be had. There is tension to swoon over. There are steamy scenes to enjoy. With this being the tip of the iceberg that is the wonderful story known as Southern Charmer.

If I’m being completely honest, our characters in Southern Charmer were some of my favourite Jessica Peterson creations. They were both so wonderful, so real, and I loved everything that was offered throughout the story. I obsessed a little bit over many of the elements, even the story within the story. In fact, the story within the story has me desperate to finally dive into Jessica Peterson’s Hope Diamond trilogy. With our leading lady writing a historical romance throughout this book, giving us little insights into the story, I found myself falling in love with the story within the story – and through it, I found myself desperate to give Jessica Peterson’s Hope Diamond trilogy a read. If it’s as fun as the story within Southern Charmer, then I’m going to have a lot of fun with it.

Without a doubt, Jessica Peterson has delivered another fabulous read with Southern Charmer. The Charleston Heat series promises to be another wonderful series, and there are plenty of characters I want to see more of in the future books. Already I’m counting down to the promise in place for book two, with the glimpses we were given into the characters ensuring I will dive into it the moment it is ready.

If you’ve enjoyed any of Jessica Peterson’s prior work you need to dive into Southern Charmer, and if you have yet to read a Jessica Peterson book then the Charleston Heat series is the perfect place to start.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment