Monday 24 September 2018

Review: Throne of Lies

Throne of Lies Throne of Lies by Tara Leigh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is how you write a prequel.

Before I write my review, I need to take a quick moment to dish out some honesty. I was fortunate enough to beta read a very early version of Legacy of Lies – so early, in fact, it went by a different name. However, being given this chance to see the early form of this book in no way influenced my ratings and reviews of Throne of Lies and Legacy of Lies. My ratings and views of the final product are completely independent of what I got to see in the early stages of creation.

With that out of the way, onto the good stuff.

Since my first Tara Leigh book, I was sucked in. Each book blows my mind in a new way, each book causes me to fall ever deep in love with the author’s work, and Throne of Lies is no different. In truth, I’m not the biggest lover of these little prequel stories. They’re fun, but I rarely find myself satisfied with them. I appreciate the little insights they give, but I much prefer to dive straight into the full-length stories.

Throne of Lies is different.

Throne of Lies was a wonderful prequel, providing lots of information that will be vital throughout Legacy of Lies. It gives us the chance to fall in love with the characters, it dishes out plenty of drama, and it more than gets you ready for Legacy of Lies. It offers so much in a short space, ensuring you’ll be more than willing to dive into more of the story. You’ll have so many questions, there will be so many things you’ll want to see more of, that you’ll jump straight into Legacy of Lies.

If you’re thinking about reading Legacy of Lies – which you certainly should be – I cannot stress how worth it the prequel is. Throne of Lies will have you ready to devour Legacy of Lies, preparing you for the wonderful story to come.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment