Monday 24 September 2018

Review: The Passenger

The Passenger The Passenger by Lisa Lutz
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

When I stumbled upon The Passenger in the bookstore, I instantly found myself curious as to what kind of story Lisa Lutz would give. It sounded like something I would adore, meaning I was more than willing to dive in. Before the first page, I already had countless ideas of the kind of story I would receive. In many ways, I believe this is why I was rather disappointed with this one. I created numerous possibilities, only to be disappointed when it wasn’t what I had imagined it would be.

Don’t get me wrong, this was an okay book. My issue is that my feelings flickered a lot throughout. I could not decide if I wished to give this a two-star rating or a three-star rating, as I experienced moments of both throughout. There were times where things were really interesting and I was sucked in, then there were times when things seemed to miss the mark.

There is no doubt this was an interesting story, offering something different. It’s the kind of story that will pull you in, leaving you considering all the possibilities. However, it was too predictable and easy for my liking. I expected much bigger things, I expected twists that would shock, only to be disappointed when I was given a story I easily worked out.

The Passenger kept my attention for the duration, but it was not all I had made it out to be in my mind.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment