Saturday 22 September 2018

Review: The Partnership

The Partnership The Partnership by Charlotte Penn Clark
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Partnership is the first book in Charlotte Penn Clark’s Extra Credit series, and after reading and enjoying some of the author’s other work I was curious to see what this series would bring us.

In many ways, The Partnership is like my other Charlotte Penn Clark reads. It was quick and enjoyable, but it didn’t quite have the depth I usually enjoy in my novels. It’s fun if you’re looking for something you can quickly read through, something to pass a wee bit of time, but it doesn’t quite have the complexity I usually prefer in my books. Of course, this is a personal preference – for many, this book will be exactly what they’re looking for.

With The Partnership, we’re introduced to many characters who will go on to make up the future books in the Extra Credit series. I really did enjoy getting to know these other characters, and I am curious about their stories. When it comes to the main characters in The Partnership, I found myself rather enjoying the romance between the two of them. They were both such distinctive characters, and I enjoyed watching the way they helped each other developed. I would have liked to go a bit deeper into the past of both of the characters, especially with how family history and life played a vital role for both of them, but as a whole they were great together and I had fun with them.

Without a doubt, this is a fun read for anyone looking for a quick and enjoyable romance.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment