Monday 24 September 2018

Review: Legacy of Lies

Legacy of Lies Legacy of Lies by Tara Leigh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As with my review of the prequel story, Throne of Lies, I wish to start this review with a moment of honesty.

I was fortunate enough to beta read a very early version of Legacy of Lies – so early, in fact, it went by a completely different name. However, being given the chance to see an early form of this book in no way influenced my ratings and reviews of Throne of Lies and Legacy of Lies. My ratings and views of the final product are completely independent of what I got to see in the early stages of creation. I loved the early version I got to read, I also loved the final product, but I did not let my knowledge of the development influence my final view.

Now, what you really care about: what I thought of Legacy of Lies.

Without a doubt, Legacy of Lies is another fabulous book from Tara Leigh. Each book I read amazes me, pulling me ever deeper into the author’s work. In no time at all, Tara Leigh became an author I will happily read anything by, with Legacy of Lies demonstrating why I’m so willing to consume all her words. It’s a wonderful story, one that sucks you in deep, and you’ll find yourself addicted throughout.

As with all of Tara Leigh’s books, Legacy of Lies is a solid four-star rating. I’ll be completely honest and say it is not my favourite Tara Leigh book – I have a weakness for rock stars, and the emotions pulled out of me in the Nothing But Trouble books mean those are my favourite Tara Leigh books – but it is certainly a wonderful read. Every Tara Leigh book is worth reading, and even though this is not my number one Tara Leigh book it is certainly a book I’ll be recommending to others.

It’s a book that will appeal to many, touching upon a number of the favoured tropes within romance. However, as with every Tara Leigh book, the author puts her own spin on things to ensure you’re hooked. There are plenty of layers throughout this book to enjoy, countless elements you’ll find yourself addicted to, and you’ll quickly find yourself lost to the story.

Tara Leigh has a way with words, ensuring you’re pulled into the book from the very first page. A couple of pages later, you’re deeply in love with the characters, a couple more pages and you’re addicted to the storyline. As the story progresses, your love and addiction grow stronger, your desire to see how everything plays out growing more desperate. With all there is to enjoy, this book will have you feeling all sorts throughout.

Without a doubt, Legacy of Lies is another winner from Tara Leigh.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment