Monday 26 November 2018

Review: The Beat on Ruby's Street

The Beat on Ruby's Street The Beat on Ruby's Street by Jenna Zark
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Beat on Ruby’s Street is the first book in Jenna Zark’s Beat Street series, and it’s a unique young adult historical fiction that had me hooked throughout.

Although I enjoy a good historical fiction, I find most of my reads can be categorised into two categories. We have the regency reads and we have the World War reads. I sometimes step out of these two boxes – I’ve read a few Cold War espionage novels, for example – but it is rare. Thus, my knowledge of the time period in which The Beat on Ruby’s Street is set is rather lacking.

Nevertheless, despite my lack of knowledge, The Beat on Ruby’s Street had me hooked throughout. It was both a great historical fiction novel and a great young adult novel. It brought the time period to life, sucking us into the time and providing information to make everything seem real. It included a lot of issues central to young adult novels, ensuring you’re sucked in for the journey.

Without a doubt, the first Beat Street book hooks you and leaves you willing to read more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment