Tuesday 27 November 2018

Review: Power Play

Power Play Power Play by Maria Luis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My introduction to Maria Luis came through Hat Trick, one of the later books in the Blades Hockey series, and since then I have been meaning to go back and read the prior books. Finally, I have worked my way around to reading Power Play. Now, I cannot wait to dive into Sin Bin.

Power Play is the first of the Blades Hockey books, and it’s an exceptionally quick read. More of a novella, really but it was fun. Sure, it was predictable – it was clear from early on how the ending would play out – but it was sweet and brought a smile to my face. I would have enjoyed it even more if it had been a full-length novel, but it was a sweet introduction to the series.

For me, this was a great way to get to see another side to characters I’d already met. It gave me the background I was missing, filling in information. With a side of laughter, this short read was a perfect way to get more of the Blades Hockey series.

Without a doubt, I’m diving into Sin Bin soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment