Wednesday 21 November 2018

Review: Rhapsodic

Rhapsodic Rhapsodic by Laura Thalassa
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Recently everyone seems to be hooked on Laura Thalassa’s The Four Horsemen series, and I’ve found myself more than a little bit curious. I keep meaning to pick up the first book, Pestilence, so that I can jump on the bandwagon, yet I seem to find myself regularly distracted by other books instead.

In the midst of everyone obsessing over The Four Horsemen, one of my friends decided to go against the norm and start The Bargainer series instead. That is when I remembered I had Rhapsodic sitting on my Kindle, yet to be read, and I decided to dive into my first Laura Thalassa read. If I enjoyed Rhapsodic then I would take it as a sign I did need to dive into Pestilence.

So, the big question – will I be diving into Pestilence?

Yes, I will be.

However, I first need to finish The Bargainer series, because am I addicted. So addicted.

Honestly, I was hooked to this one. The first couple of chapters I was a wee bit tentative, as I was not sucked in as deep as I’d anticipated, but once things started to come together I found the book impossible to put down. It was addictive on so many levels, and I found myself more than willing to disappear into the pages at any chance I got.

There really was so much to love with Rhapsodic. The characters were fabulous, and their chemistry was wonderful. The world building was amazing, and there was so much to learn. The story was gripping, and I was so excited to see how everything came together.

I admit the ending felt a little bit too easy for me, things came together much easier than I’d hoped for, but it has set things up well for the next book. Which explains part of the reason why I’m so desperate for book two. Mostly, though, it’s simply that I’m addicted to the characters and the world. I need more of them, in addition to the answers to my questions, and I’m planning to dive into book two soon.

All in all, I’m annoyed with myself for letting this sit on my Kindle for so long. Rhapsodic was wonderful, and I’ll certainly be diving into more Laura Thalassa in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment