Monday 26 November 2018

Review: Sacrifice

Sacrifice Sacrifice by Sophie Davis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed the first book in the Shadow Fate trilogy, Pawn, and was more than willing to dive straight into book two. In fact, I was rather desperate to dive into Sacrifice. I needed to know what happened next, I needed to know how everything came together, and I had high hopes for the second book.

Although I did enjoy Sacrifice, I did not enjoy it quite as much as I enjoyed the first book. If I’m being honest, this book is more of a three-point-five-star read, yet I couldn’t quite bring myself to round it up. It held my attention throughout, I was happy to see how everything came together, but it didn’t quite wow me in the way the first book did.

I think part of the reason for this is that I went in expecting something different to what I was given. It seems the things I’d been expecting are going to play out in the third book, with this one building us up to what promises to be an amazing final book. It’s not that this book is a filler book, it simply didn’t provide quite the same level of action and intrigue as the first book. In many ways, this book was a way to fill in a lot of our information blanks. It was a book that opened up the world even more, a book that provided us with interesting new information.

If you enjoyed the first book, you certainly need to give this second book a read. It’s a much quicker read, it gives us quite a bit of information, and leaves us plenty eager for the final book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment