Monday 26 November 2018

Review: Fool's Errand

Fool's Errand Fool's Errand by Jenna Zark
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Fool’s Errand is the second book in Jenna Zark’s Beat Street series, and it was just as enjoyable as the first. As soon as I was finished with the first book, The Beat on Ruby’s Street, I jumped straight into Fool’s Errand and once again found myself addicted to the world.

In The Beat on Ruby’s Street we were introduced to a wonderful cast of characters and a great storyline, and Fool’s Errand provides the same thing. We get more of the characters we came to enjoy so much in the first book, and the storyline continues on from the first book. It’s not simply a continuation of our characters’ growth from the first book, it is more than that – it provides us with another unique story that gives us an insight to the time.

Like The Beat on Ruby’s Street, my knowledge of the time in which Fool’s Errand is set is rather lacking. However, the world was brought to life before me throughout Fool’s Errand, and in the end I found myself curious about the time and willing to do a bit of research. Add in the fact this is another wonderful young adult tale – another story that includes all the goodness of a coming of age novel – and you’re guaranteed to be hooked throughout.

Without a doubt, I’ll be willing to read more Beat Street books if more are released.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment