Friday 23 November 2018

Review: The Substitute Wife

The Substitute Wife The Substitute Wife by Cici Cordelia
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Substitute Wife is my second Cici Cordelia read and it was completely different to my first book by the authors. In fact, when it comes to genre, The Substitute Wife and Realm of the Dragon are as different as chalk and cheese. Although they’re two very different books, I adored them both.

With The Substitute Wife, I found myself hooked to the story instantly. In no time at all, I was addicted, lost to the pages, and unwilling to put the book down. It quickly became a book I needed to complete in a single sitting, as I was desperate to see the outcome of all the different elements introduced.

On the surface level, this is a wonderful romance. I adored both of the characters – our male lead in particular, I loved – and together they were fabulous. I loved watching the way they both grew, I loved watching the way their romance developed, and found they went together wonderfully. The side characters were also great, and I cannot wait to see more of them in the future books.

Not only is this a great romance, but there is plenty of drama and a small degree of mystery and suspense. You know who the bad guy is throughout, you know he is up to no good, and it’s great to watch the way in which his terrible storyline ties in with the amazing storyline of the main characters. It adds an additional layer, taking what is an already wonderful story – a story of growth, of moving forward with the curveballs life throws at you, and of making the best of what you have – and making it even more enjoyable.

Honestly, I was lost to this one. The moment I was finished there was only one thing on my mind – I needed to get my hands on the second Brides of Little Creede book. I really am super excited to see how the second story plays out, eager to get more CiCi Cordelia words.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment