Friday 16 November 2018

Review: Carnal Innocence

Carnal Innocence Carnal Innocence by Reily Garrett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have read most of Reily Garrett’s books, with Carnal Innocence being the last in the Carnal series I needed to read. Yes, I read the series completely out of order. No, that did not lessen my enjoyment. These books can all be enjoyed as standalone novels, although I would recommend reading them in order for a stronger impact.

With Carnal Innocence with have another romantic suspense book that is tinged with the supernatural. It’s not a paranormal book, by far, but there is that something extra to add another layer to the story. It gives the story that something more, the little bit extra that pulls you in ever deeper.

As with all the books in the Carnal series, Carnal Innocence is a wonderful blend of the things Reily Garrett does so well. We have wonderful characters (I may have found myself more obsessed with our male lead than anticipated), a gripping storyline (I was hooked throughout, desperate to see how everything came together in the end), and great chemistry (the last few Reily Garrett books I have read have been without the BDSM element, and Carnal Innocence worked to remind me how much I enjoy that aspect of Reily Garrett’s storytelling).

I will be honest and say Carnal Innocence was not my favourite of the four Carnal books – that award belongs to Carnal Obsession: His Heart’s Prisoner – but it was a wonderful read in the series. It was as powerful as any Reily Garrett book, ensuring I was willing to devour the book in a single sitting.

If you’ve yet to read a Reily Garrett book, the Carnal series is a great place to start.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment