Friday 16 November 2018

Review: Reunited

Reunited Reunited by Jennifer Bene
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Of the four Jennifer Bene stories I have read – Imperfect Monster, The Invitation, Reunited, and The Rite – the Reunited is my least favourite. It was an enjoyable read, but it didn’t quite pack the same punch as the three other stories I have read.

For me, Reunited can be split into two parts. The first part is the fun and games of the characters meeting again after years apart. The second part is the steamy coming together of the characters. I enjoyed both aspects, but neither part blew me away in the way I had hoped. I enjoyed getting to know the characters – I certainly found them to be enjoyable. I enjoyed the steam – it was exactly what I have come to expect from Jennifer Bene, meaning it was incredibly hot.

I’m not quite sure why I didn’t come to love it in the way I had hoped. I enjoyed it, but there was just something missing – something I could not identify, but it was enough to hold me back from giving this a four-star rating. If I’m being completely honest, it was enjoyable enough to be a three-point-five-star rating, but not enough to round up.

Although Reunited was another hot read from Jennifer Bene it is not my favourite from the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment