Saturday 24 November 2018

Review: Memories of the Heart

Memories of the Heart Memories of the Heart by Felice Stevens
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve read a couple of Felice Stevens books and have enjoyed them both – The Shape of You was a fabulous read that left me desperate for more of the author’s work, and All or Nothing was an enjoyable read that left me with the desire to go back and read the prior books in the Together series. As Memories of the Heart has been sitting on my Kindle for quite some time, I decided I needed to jump in and read more of the author’s work.

My immediate reaction to Memories of the Heart was that the story was extremely saccharine – and this feeling of overwhelming sweetness continued throughout the story. However, despite how sweet the story was, I didn’t enjoy Memories of the Heart as much as I enjoyed my two prior Felice Stevens reads.

In truth, Memories of the Heart is more of a three-point-five-star read, but I couldn’t quite bring myself to round this one up. I enjoyed the characters and the way their story developed, but I do feel as though things got a bit repetitive at times. I also found it difficult to believe the way in which the health side of things progressed with one of the characters, as it didn’t feel very realistic to me, and was more so in line with adding to certain aspects of the storyline rather than portraying how the illness develops.

Nevertheless, I was hooked to the story throughout. I enjoyed watching the way the characters grew and found myself a ball of sweetness due to my proximity to the story. I’m certainly curious about giving One Step Further, the second Memories book, a read, as I’m curious about the side characters whose story we will be given.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment