Thursday 22 November 2018

Review: Rock Rebel

Rock Rebel Rock Rebel by Tara Leigh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hot damn, Tara Leigh strikes again – and boy, what a strike it is.

Tara Leigh worked her way into my favourite authors list at an insane pace, and every time there is news of new Tara Leigh words I find myself doing an insane little jiggle with added squeals to complete the image. Although I have enjoyed all her releases to date, it is safe to say the Nothing But Trouble series is my favourite. I have a weakness for rock star romances and powerful storylines, which is exactly what this series delivers.

Rock King was a powerful four-star rating, guaranteeing I’d devour the future books. Rock Legend was insanely close to receiving a five-star rating, would have been if I was anyone else. Rock Rebel is another powerful four-star rating, and I could easily imagine myself handing out a five-star rating if I was as generous with my five-star ratings as everyone else. In fact, I fear the Nothing But Trouble series is suffering from a similar approach as to how I approached some of Reily Garrett’s McAllister Justice series – I’m holding back on possible five-star ratings in the later books because I was silly enough not to give my favourite in the series the five-star rating it deserved. In that way, I’m a terrible reviewer.

What is not terrible, is this book. This book is amazing, powerful like the two prior books in the series.

Each book has been a powerful read, but each has been powerful in a completely different manner. With Rock Rebel, we have power through addressing a very real topic in the world. I’m not saying the two prior books were not real topics – the way I connected with Rock Legend contests to that – but this one is real in the sense it is very relevant. It takes something bad, something we wish was not happening, and it turns it into a story of gaining power. I can only hope this book reaches out to those touched by the issue and that they find strength from the story. I’m not going to go into details, but the topic is dealt with extremely well, and the story hooks you throughout.

Although Rock Rebel works perfectly fine as a standalone novel, it does work best if you have read the two prior books in the series. This story takes place alongside Rock Legend, and you understand references better if you have read it. If you haven’t, I would certainly recommend doing so. As I’ve said, this is a wonderful series – and Rock Legend is my favourite Tara Leigh release to date.

As with each Tara Leigh book, the story is wonderfully written. Tara Leigh has a way with words that ensures you’re sucked in quick, pulled deep into the story and left turning the pages at a rapid pace. You fall in love with the characters, you find yourself addicted to the storyline, and you find yourself lost to the emotions being thrown your way. There is plenty to enjoy – the good and the bad in the world, along with everything in between – making it a very real read that hits you on multiple levels.

Not to mention, the chemistry between the two characters is great. I loved them both as individuals, and their story as a couple was wonderful. There were countless times where I’d find myself wearing a stupid love-struck smile, despite the fact I spent an evening alone reading this with no one around to put such a look on my face – no, it was all down to the interaction of the characters, the way I fell in love with them both and could not suck myself away for a single moment.

I was both fearful and excited before entering Rock Rebel, knowing it was the last in the series, but, in the end, it was more than worth it. I do wish we were getting a fourth book – I’m extremely curious about Jett and Quinn – but I know how contracts and such work. It’s a shame, though, as what we saw of them in this book made me super eager to find out more. I’d even take a bonus short story, such is my love for the band.

Still, Rock Rebel was as wonderful as I’d hoped. There is no doubt in my mind that it was a fabulous third book, keeping in line with the two powerful prior reads. Now I’m finished, I’m going to fall in a Tara Leigh coma, only to be awakened when her next release is out. Rock star romances are some of my favourites, but what is promised next is equally loved – a dark romance.

I cannot wait to see how Tara Leigh’s dark romance plays out, because if it’s anywhere near as wonderful as Rock Rebel I’m guaranteed to love it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment