Friday 16 November 2018

Review: The Rite

The Rite The Rite by Jennifer Bene
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Upon finishing my first Jennifer Bene book I was desperate for more and found myself looking at the other Jennifer Bene stories available. My attention was instantly pulled towards The Rite. It sounded like the kind of story I would love – dark and twisted, with a paranormal edge – so it should come as no surprise to find out I devoured The Rite.

The Rite offers us a dark paranormal story unlike any I’ve read before, giving us something that has us hooked throughout. With unexpected elements, this one will have you turning the pages to see how everything comes together. With magic, entertaining characters, darkness, and steam, this one hooks you on so many levels.

In fact, the biggest disappointment is that this was a short story rather than a full-length novel. I would have loved to have slipped even deeper into the world, to find out even more about the darkness and the other characters. For a short read, this one hit all the right spots – and if another story comes out connected through the characters, I’ll happily devour it to get that extra bit I want.

Without a doubt, The Rite hit the right spots.

View all my reviews

1 comment: