Saturday 10 November 2018

Review: Pelvic Flaws

Pelvic Flaws Pelvic Flaws by Nikki Ashton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The problem with Nikki Ashton books is they’re insanely addictive. Once you start reading, you cannot put the book down. You find you need to finish in a single sitting, curious to see how everything comes together, desperate for more. Which is great, except for the fact I seem to make a habit of starting Nikki Ashton books in the early hours of the morning. This means I regularly go without sleep – and my neighbours too, most likely, as I chuckle so hard I’m sure they hear me.

Although Pelvic Flaws is the second book in the An American in the UK series, it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. I’d certainly recommend giving Do You Do Extras? a read, as it’s a wonderful book, but it is not necessary to understand this one. If you are someone who has read other Nikki Ashton books, though, and not just Do You Do Extras?, you will find yourself noticing mentions of other Nikki Ashton characters. It’s a nice bonus, but Pelvic Flaws really does stand up on its own.

As with every Nikki Ashton book, Pelvic Flaws is a story that grips you from the very first page. You’re sucked into the lives of the characters, you’re pulled into the humour, and each additional word you read sucks you in ever deeper. In no time at all you fall in love with the characters and the events, finding yourself curious as to what comes next. You want more of their interactions, you want more of the emotion, and you find yourself unable to pull yourself away from the book.

I’m sure there will be some who will look at this book and think it is aimed for the older reader, for those who can understand the issues our female lead is dealing with, yet such is not the case. This story has plenty that will appeal to many, and you’ll find yourself addicted to so many elements of the story. There really is plenty of drama, humour, and emotion to be felt, ensuring you’ll be hooked on many layers.

Without a doubt, Pelvic Flaws was another laugher filled read from Nikki Ashton, an addiction I was happy to feed. I cannot wait to see what Nikki Ashton brings us next, as I have yet to be disappointed!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment