Wednesday 7 November 2018

Review: Lovestruck

Lovestruck Lovestruck by Siobhan Davis
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I found it extremely difficult to decide upon a rating for Lovestruck. Anyone who follows my reviews will know I’m a big fan of Siobhan Davis, and it pains me to give this story a low rating. At first a part of me was willing to give a two-star rating instead of the one-star rating I gave, but in the end I couldn’t quite do so.

Throughout True Calling, I found myself slowly warming towards Cal. I wasn’t crazy about his character, I wasn’t as crazy about any of the characters as I have been with other Siobhan Davis characters, but of the two love interests we were introduced to, Cal was my preference.

With Lovestruck, I found myself disliking Cal. He went from being a character I was interested in, the love interest I was hoping would be end game, to a character I found creepy and stalker-like. A part of me fears it’s because of the time when this story was written – it’s been a few years since this story came out, and people were still caught up on the creepy Twilight feel back then – and I could feel the creepy Edward Cullen vibes reaching out to be me.

I’ll still be reading the second True Calling book, but I’m going to pretend Lovestruck didn’t happen.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment