Tuesday 20 November 2018

Review: In Her Space

In Her Space In Her Space by Amie Knight
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After finishing Beneath His Stars there was one thing I was desperate for – In Her Space, so I could finish the wonderful Stars duet that had left me hooked. Honestly, book one was beautiful, and I went in with extremely high hopes for book two.

At first, I was a wee bit surprised. In Her Space did not play out in the way I had imagined. Time has moved forward, and there is a very different kind of history to what I had anticipated between the characters. It threw me for a moment, but I was quick to be sucked back in. In Her Space may not have been playing out the way I had expected it to, but it worked. In fact, it more than worked. It ensured I was just as addicted to In Her Space as I was Beneath His Stars – if not more so.

Like the first book, In Her Space was beautifully written. I fell in love with Amie Knight’s words all over again, appreciating the beautiful way in which her prose dance across the page. Add in the fact the story was insanely gripping, and I was lost. I fell deeper in love with the characters, I was hooked to the drama, and every tiny aspect left me falling ever deeper in love with the story.

I could say so much about this one, but I fear I will end up giving an accidental spoiler, so I’m going to go with rather broad statements to ensure you enjoy the story as much as possible. With In Her Space, everything is tied together wonderfully. There is more darkness in this story, yet it is paired with so much light. Characters grow, both the good and the bad. Events will shock you, taking you down many paths. It was exactly what a conclusion to a duet should be.

Now I’m finished, I’m desperate for more of Amie Knight. I want to devour all her work, but as there was a nod to The Line in this one, I believe that is where I’m going to head next. Without a doubt, I’ll be keeping an eye out for future Amie Knight releases.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment