Saturday 12 October 2019

Review: Alone

Alone Alone by Lisa Gardner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’ve read a few Lisa Gardner books and have thoroughly enjoyed them, and for a while I’ve been meaning to go and read the Detective D.D. Warren books from the start. At last, I finally jumped into Alone.

Although this is labelled the first D.D. Warren story, D.D. Warren did not play as big a role as I had anticipated. She was in the story, yes, but this story was more about Trooper Bobby Dodge. It was a bit of a surprise, but that did not lessen my enjoyment. In fact, it gave a tantalising insight into what I can expect of D.D. Warren in the future.

For the story itself, Alone hooked me. Once I started, I had to finish. I was addicted and happily powered through this one. It wasn’t quite a full four-star rating, as things were a bit too easy towards the end, but it was close enough for me to round up. There was much more to this one than I’d anticipated, with there being many elements that left me guessing what the truth would be.

Without a doubt, this one has me desperate to read the second D.D. Warren book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment