Monday 14 October 2019

Review: The Alphabet Murders

The Alphabet Murders The Alphabet Murders by Lars Schutz
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I’m always looking for a new crime fiction read to dive into, and The Alphabet Murders seemed like the perfect read for me. It had such potential, and I was ready to be wowed. Unfortunately, I was disappointed by this one.

I was never pulled into The Alphabet Murders in the way I had hoped to be. I did not care for the characters and the story failed to surprise me. In fact, I worked most things out quite early in the book and was reading only to confirm my beliefs.

There was the chance for this one to wow me – not only did the crime have the potential to shock, the focus on profiling should have made it a gripping read – but such was not the case. I’m sure there are many this will appeal to, but for me I was never hooked in the way I had hoped to be.

I think this may have been a case where I expected too much.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment