Saturday 12 October 2019

Review: Taken

Taken Taken by Natasha Knight
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m a big Natasha Knight fan and have been eager to dive into the Dark Legacy duet for a while. Although I enjoyed this one, it’s not my favourite Natasha Knight read.

In truth, this is more of a three-point-five-star rating. I wanted to round up, but it took me so long to get into this one that I couldn’t quite bring myself to do so. There is no doubt I will be reading book two, as I’m curious to see what comes next, but I wasn’t as hooked in it as I have been by other Natasha Knight books.

I think a part of my problem was that it took so long for things to become clear, and even when they did there were questions. Question about the storyline I am fine with, but the questions I had were about what kind of story this wanted to be. Elements were introduced that I wasn’t one hundred percent about, and it left me uncertain as to what the story was aiming for.

I enjoyed it, but not quite as much as other Natasha Knight reads. My fingers are crossed I’ll enjoy book two more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment