Monday 14 October 2019

Review: The Last Astronaut

The Last Astronaut The Last Astronaut by David Wellington
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

David Wellington’s The Last Astronaut is one of those cases where I’m in the minority, again. As much as I love a good science fiction read, I am very particular about them. With The Last Astronaut, we had a book I wasn’t crazy about.

In part, it was the style in which the story was told that made this one difficult for me. I wasn’t crazy about the way the story was told, but I continued to read even though I found it a bit distracting. Although I never completely came to terms with the way the story was told, it wasn’t what made this one difficult.

I simply did not care for the characters. I also felt the story was a bit on the slow side – I expected a lot more action from this one. Between the two aspects, I was reading to see how everything came together without being invested.

For some, this will be a great read. For me, I was never pulled in the way I had hoped to be.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment