Monday 7 October 2019

Review: The Chain

The Chain The Chain by Adrian McKinty
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I have been curious about Adrian McKinty’s The Chain for quite some time. In fact, when I first noticed it on NetGalley I was desperate to read it. Unfortunately, I did not receive a copy through NetGalley, which left me waiting to read it after release. When it was picked as a buddy read, I was super eager to dive in.

Alas, this one disappointed me. Big time. To the point where my two-star rating is a generous rating. A part of me wanted to give this a one-star rating, as I was so disappointed, but there were a few moments where I wasn’t banging my head against a wall. Just a few, but enough for me to be generous.

I think the problem with this one is that everyone had so many wonderful things about it, and I went in with very high expectations. It sounded like a wonderful read, something that would grip me, yet I was never invested. The writing failed to grab me, the story was never taken as far as it could have been, and I was able to work a lot of things out well in advance.

Maybe I’m just being overly picky, but I really had hoped for so much more from this one. For now, I’m just glad to put it behind me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment